Listen to podcast audio:
What is the holiness of God? Some might say it is his sinlessness. Others might say it is the standard by which we live our lives. Sam Storms joins Gary Wilkerson to discuss how the holiness of God is much more than we typically attribute to it.
Key Points from the Podcast
• God is altogether unique, greater than, different and other than us.
• Many view holiness as sinlessness or right living, but it goes far beyond that.
• A revelation of God’s holiness will show us our own sinfulness, frailty, ignorance, and dependency upon God.
• People fall down on their faces in awe just being in the presence of angels who have been in the presence of God.
• Understanding the holiness of God will give us a greater revelation of just how great God’s mercy is toward us, his unholy and undeserving creations.
• Just like all of God’s other attributes, his holiness is infinite and immeasurable.
Bible Verses Referenced in the Podcast
Exodus 15:11, Isaiah 6:1-5, John 12:41, John 5:8, Revelation 1:12-18, Revelation 4:8, Revelation 22:4, 1 John 3:2, Deuteronomy 32:1-43, Revelation 15:4, Luke 1:11-13, Luke 1:26-30, Daniel 10:4-12, Colossians 1:16-17
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
More episodes from this series:
About Sam Storms
Sam is Lead Pastor for Preaching and Vision at Bridgeway Church in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He serves as a member of the Council of The Gospel Coalition. Sam is a past President of the Evangelical Theological Society, and currently serves on its Executive Committee.
About Gary Wilkerson
Gary Wilkerson is the President of World Challenge, an international mission organization that was founded by his father, David Wilkerson. He is also the Founding Pastor of The Springs Church, which he launched in 2009 with a handful of people. He has traveled nationally and internationally at conferences and conducted mission ventures such as church planting, starting orphanages, clinics, feeding programs among the poorest of the poor and the most unreached people of the earth. Gary and his wife Kelly have four children and live in Colorado Springs, CO.