Listen to podcast audio:
Dallas Holm joins Gary Wilkerson to discuss the lessons he has learned over fifty plus years of Christian ministry—from his early days with David Wilkerson Youth Crusades, his years of music ministry, and now his transition into the last mile of this race called life.
Key Points from the Podcast
- Dallas Holm shares how he got connected with David Wilkerson and his youth crusades.
- Loyalty and spiritual growth were very important to David Wilkerson.
- Dallas Holm encourages Christians to nurture a hunger for the deep things of God and lay a foundation of God’s word upon which they can build a life of ministry.
- Skill, intellect, and connections cannot sustain a life of ministry, but depth in the Lord and knowledge of God’s word can.
- God is more concerned about getting all of you than you winning the world to God.
- If you want to have a word from the Lord to share with others, you need to dig into his word and seek his presence in prayer.
- Our happiness cannot be based on what we do for God, but on who he is and who we are in him.
- The longer you walk with the Lord, you will see that he moves you into different roles and assignments as the seasons of life pass by.
- In God’s economy, numerical success does not always equal spiritual success.
- If you are older and have walked with the Lord for a while, don’t believe the American cultural lie that says you are no longer of any value.
Bible Verses Referenced in the Podcast
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
About Dallas Holm
Dallas Holm is what many refer to as a pioneer or forerunner for modern day Christian music. He became a Christian in 1965 and immediately began using music to express the dynamics of the transformation of knowing Christ. He has influenced Christian music through more than 45 years of writing, singing, and participating in ministry through some 4,000 concerts in every state of the USA and many countries abroad.
Facebook | YouTube | Web
About Gary Wilkerson
Gary Wilkerson is the President of World Challenge, an international mission organization that was founded by his father, David Wilkerson. He is also the Founding Pastor of The Springs Church, which he launched in 2009 with a handful of people. He has traveled nationally and internationally at conferences and conducted mission ventures such as church planting, starting orphanages, clinics, feeding programs among the poorest of the poor and the most unreached people of the earth. Gary and his wife Kelly have four children and live in Colorado Springs, CO.
Facebook | Twitter