Listen to podcast audio:
We know that God judged in the Old Testament and according to the book of Revelation he will judge again in the future, but is God still judging today? Are events like natural disasters and viral pandemics acts of God’s judgment? Keith Holloway joins Gary Wilkerson to discuss the judgment of God.
Key Points from the Podcast
• If we lowly esteem the judgment of God, then we do not know God in his fullness.
• We must use caution when declaring whether or not events and disasters are a result of God’s judgments.
• God being just and holy must judge unrighteousness, but his desire is for mercy and repentance.
• God has redemptive judgments that are meant as discipline to draw people back to himself and punitive judgments that are destruction for those with impenitent hearts.
• God's judgment is not always wrath.
Bible Verses Referenced in the Podcast
Romans 2:1–5, Romans 3:4–6, Romans 1:18, 2 Peter 3:9, Luke 19:41–44, 1 Peter 4:17
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Other Episodes in this Series
About Keith Holloway
Keith Holloway is the Senior Director of Missions Development at World Challenge. Keith is a CHE trainer, facilitator, and a member of the Global CHE Network’s Representative Council. He and his wife Maureen live in Colorado Springs; they have six grown children and seven grandchildren.
About Gary Wilkerson
Gary Wilkerson is the President of World Challenge, an international mission organization that was founded by his father, David Wilkerson. He is also the Founding Pastor of The Springs Church, which he launched in 2009 with a handful of people. He has traveled nationally and internationally at conferences and conducted mission ventures such as church planting, starting orphanages, clinics, feeding programs among the poorest of the poor and the most unreached people of the earth. Gary and his wife Kelly have four children and live in Colorado Springs, CO.