Listen to podcast audio:
The wrath of God is not a popular topic in the church today. Gary Wilkerson and Keith Holloway discuss the difficult doctrine of God’s wrath and its importance in living out our Christian faith.
Key Points from the Podcast
• God’s judgment serves as both discipline for the righteous and destruction for the unrighteous.
• What is the difference between God’s judgment and his wrath?
• God is not some angry deity waiting for people to mess up so that he can punish them. He is patient, wishing for people to repent and turn to him.
• Our Christian faith must be informed by a correct doctrine of God’s wrath.
Bible Verses Referenced in the Podcast
Romans 1:18, Romans 1:201, Romans 2:4–6, Nahum 1:2, John 3:36, Psalm 99:8, John 5:22–27, 1 Peter 4:17, John 16:82, Jeremiah 36:3
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
• Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God by Jonathan Edwards
Other episodes from this series:
About Keith Holloway
Keith Holloway is the Senior Director of Missions Development at World Challenge. Keith is a CHE trainer, facilitator, and a member of the Global CHE Network’s Representative Council. He and his wife Maureen live in Colorado Springs; they have six grown children and seven grandchildren.
About Gary Wilkerson
Gary Wilkerson is the President of World Challenge, an international mission organization that was founded by his father, David Wilkerson. He is also the Founding Pastor of The Springs Church, which he launched in 2009 with a handful of people. He has traveled nationally and internationally at conferences and conducted mission ventures such as church planting, starting orphanages, clinics, feeding programs among the poorest of the poor and the most unreached people of the earth. Gary and his wife Kelly have four children and live in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Mistakenly cited as Romans 1:24
- Mistakenly cited as John 15